*This is an update of June 2011 post on Opinion Place*
I am not big into taking Online Surveys. In fact, I find many of them to be borderline scam, or rather a real waste of time. Opinion Place is not like most.
How many of you have been aggravated after spending a half-hour answering questions only to be told you” do not qualify”! Yeah right, those qualifying questions should be asked in the very beginning.
How often have you been tired of doing them before ever reaching your pay out level? There is probably a reason so many of them have nearly unobtainable payouts…ever wonder how much of it goes unclaimed? Or, do you get tired of the repetitive questions and spending an hour for a buck? Not exactly worth your time!…if you ever get compensated for the survey at all!
The list goes on and on as to why we all get aggravated by taking surveys online. I have tried many of them, I was doing surveys while still working outside of home as an Office Manager. I still get surveys in my inbox quite often. However, there is one survey company that, if I am in the mood, I will complete. This week I will look at Opinion Place, who sends me surveys, pays fairly well (considering the comparable companies), are very well-organized and often enjoyable to do. They definitely break the standard M.O..
When I first came across Opinion Place several years back they were branded under AOL. I believe that has changed but it was the initial intriguing factor for me. However, everything is still running just as smooth as it was back in those days. Opinion Place is a well-organized and efficient online survey taking company. I never feel as though I just wasted my time and answered the same question 50 times in 50 different ways.
What Makes Opinion Place Different Than the Other Online Survey Companies?
- Opinion Place does not have a minimum cash-out level. Instead, you are paid for each survey you take…without even needing to request payment.
- Opinion Place strives to make their surveys enjoyable. At the end of the most recent surveys I have taken for them, they asked a few extra questions to gauge my impression of the overall survey and if I felt it was worth my time. I like that!
- Opinion Place does not let you spend a half hour on a survey before announcing you do not qualify. In fact, almost all of the surveys I have been offered from Opinion Place have been qualifying, but the few where I did not, I knew right away.
- Opinion Place does not hide behind a confusing points system. Many times you see online survey companies offering points rather than real money. This is a great way to hide the true value of each survey. Opinion Place pays real money per survey.
- Opinion Place tells you when you will be paid. Many other online survey taking companies just share that they will pay, whenever their client pays them. Opinion Place gives you an estimated time range as to when you should expect your payment. My most recent survey claims to send out payment in 3-4 weeks but all of the surveys I have done paid within a week!
- Opinion Place lets you choose how to be paid. This is a great factor for those who do not like PayPal or are saving Amazon credits for a special purchase. At the beginning of each survey you are given the option of how you would like your payment given to you.
Negative Things About Opinion Place Surveys
- I do not get the survey offers very often. While I may just be losing a few of them in my chaotic email inbox, I generally only notice a couple a month. Sometimes they come in rushes of a few in a few days.
- As with most survey companies, they still do not pay well in comparison to my estimated hourly value. I can work several different jobs and make at least $20/hour. So why should I spend 20-30 minutes for $3? While the pay is still better than most survey sites, I only do them if I am in the mood…otherwise I would rather spend that time elsewhere…making REAL money!
- Opinion Place does not have an account page where you can check payment status and history. This would be nice to have if I am questioning when I receive a payment or how much money I had made with the company. However, so far my payments have always been on time and I have never had any real reason to have that information.